Guidance from Application to Departure
- 1. Application
- You can make your application via this website directly. Only credit card payment is acceptable.
- 2. After confirming with the availability, we will send you a notification of the result via e-mail within 24 hours (Except for Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays).
- 3. There is a requirement for minimum number of participants for each tour.
- In case the tour is cancelled due to this reason, we will notify participants via e-mail 14 days before the event day (or 7 days before for one-day tours).
- In such a case, you will be fully refunded.
- 4. On the starting day of the tour
- Be sure to bring along the vouchers on the event day.
- (It is also acceptable to show us the electronic copy in your mobile devices)
- *Please use the user account on the website for cancellation after application. If you need to change the course, date or number of participant, you have to cancel the existing application first, and apply for a new reservation.
- Cancellation fee will also be applicable for changes on specified dates.
- *Please be punctual and arrive at the gathering location on time. Since the tour is of group activities, please be noted that the tour bus will depart on time without waiting for late comers.
Policies Regarding Changes or Cancellations of Products
- The fee charged for changes or cancellation of products varies, depends on products. For details, please read the notes written on the application screen for each products when making your reservation, or check the user account on the website after making your reservation.
- ・The date of cancellation is count from the day prior to the event day.
- ・To change or cancel your reservation, please follow the steps on the user account, which could be found on the website.
- ・If you cancel on the event day, or fail to contact us for cancellation, you will be charged for the full amount.
- ・In case of refund, you will be refunded for the amount with deduction of the cancellation fee mentioned above.
- ・We will also charge a standard cancellation fee If you are unable to attend the event due to flight delays or traffic conditions.
- ・If you would like to change a reserved product to another product, you have to cancel the original one and make a new reservation.
- ・If you would like to change a reserved product to another day or schedule, you have to cancel the original one and make a new reservation.
- ・For cancellation upon customers' request, handling fee will occur during refund process and at customers' expense.
- (Please be aware that you will be responsible for paying the bank transferral fees charged by both the remitting and receiving banks, for transferring money to and from overseas or Japanese banks.)
Terms & Conditions
1. Domestic Recruitment Type Package Tour: Tour conditions
(1) Tours on this website are planned and advertised by H.I.S. Co., Ltd. (hereafter called “the company”).
(2) Conditions of the tour are base on the conditions listed below and the conditions for particular course, as well as the pamphlets (tour guidance), confirmation documents and the travel provisions of the company (in part of the Recruitment Type Package Tour contracts). Please contact us directly if you would like a copy of the travel provisions of the company. The company travel provisions are also available on our website (http://www.his-j.com/company/yakkan/).
2. Tour applications and contracts
(1) We accept online and telephone reservations for tour applications and contracts.
(2) Tour fees must be settled in full payment at least 21 days before the starting day of the tour (or 11 days before for one-day tours).
(3) Participants under 15 years old must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Participants between 15 to 20 years old who will be attending the tour alone must provide a letter of consent from parent or guardian. Please submit to us in advance.
(4) The tour contract becomes valid once the company agrees that the contract has been formalized and when part or full payment of the tour has been received. Also, the tour contract becomes valid for the entire group, once part or full payment of the tour has been received from the representative (hereafter called “responsible contractor”) of the organization or group of tour participants (hereafter called “group members”). However, this will not be applicable to individual participants who make application and payment separately on their own by notifing our company in advance.*In case the company receives payment for tour application from a member of a credit card (hereafter called “cardholder”) issued by a credit card company that is affiliated with our company, our company can formalize the tour contract (hereafter called “e-contract”) for a standard invoice about settlement by credit card without cardholder’s signature. In such case, the contract becomes valid once the company sends notification of acknowledgement that the contract has been formalized. However, if the company does not have an affiliation agreement that includes special provisions for handling paperwork without signatures, or if there are other reasons for business operation, we may not be able to accept the payment. *For application of e-contract, cardholder must provide the name of the package tour, departure date, name on credit card, membership number, expiration date of credit card and other related information regarding to application to the company. *For e-contracts, the card usage date is the date when payment for the tour and other realted fees are paid, or the date on which refund is expected to be made. In the former case, the date of card usage is the date on which the contract became valid; and in the latter case, the date of card usage is the date which request for cancellation of the contract was received.
(5) The company may set certain conditions for running the tour safely and smoothly. Some of these conditions included having personnel to assist or accompany the participants; request a medical certificate provided by doctor, or partial changes on the travel schedule. In case the company is impossible to fulfil requests and arrange measures for customers, tour contract may be rejected or cancelled. And as a general rule, costs of special measures taken for the sake of customers will be suffered by the customer’s own.
3. Items included in the tour fees
Tour fee included costs that are clearly stated in the tour schedule, such as transport, accommodation, meals, admission fee to tourist spots, etc. And taxes such as consumption tax as well.*Even if the participant does not use or take part in some of these items or activities due to personal reasons, the fees listed above will not be refunded. *There will be no meals, bedding or train seats provided for infants.
4. Items not included in the tour fees
Transportation, meals and admission fees that are not stated in the tour schedule. And various personal expenses such as telephone fees, laundry fees and food and drink fees, etc. Optional tour fees listed as “free travel”, “optional tours”, “extra costs” and “at own expenses”, etc. are also not included.
5. Changes of tour contract details and tour fees
The company reserves the right to make changes on the contract details, in case of natural disasters, wars, riots, suspension of transportation or accommodation services, governmental orders, transportation service which was not included in the original travel plan, and other reasons that out of the company’s control. Furthermore, we reserve the right to make changes on the tour fees, as a result of the above changes. In addition, in case there are significant economic condition changes that affect the fees for transportation services and greatly exceed the Company’s expectation, changes will be made on the tour fees. For raising of tour fees, the company will send out notification at least 15 days before the tour starting date.
6. Replacement of customer
With the authorization of the company, position held with the contract can be transferred to a third party by the customer. And the customer is responsible for paying any extra fees required to make the replacement.
7. Cancellation of the tour contract by the customer and refund before starting of the tour
(1) The customer can cancel the tour contract by paying the cancellation fees listed below.Tours with accommodationCounting from the day before starting day of the tour:8–20 days in advance: 20% 2–7 days in advance: 30% Day prior to the starting day of the tour: 40% Starting day of the tour, until the meeting time: 50% Cancellation after the start of the tour, or non-participation without prior notification: 100% One-day tour Counting backward from the day before the tour starting day:8–10 days in advance: 20% 2–7 days in advance: 30% Day prior to the starting day of the tour: 40% Starting day of the tour, before gathering time: 50%Cancellation after the tour started, or no show without any notice: 100%
(2) The customer may cancel the tour contract before the tour start without paying any fees in the cases listed below. In these cases, the tour fees paid will be fully refunded by the company, within 7 days after cancellation is made.a. When the contract details have been changed. (However, this is only limited to the important provisions listed in “changes that require payment for compensation” based on the rules in article 14, which apply to the guarantee of itinerary.) b. When the tour fees have been raised, according to the rules in article 5. c. When the company did not send out the confirmation documents by the day before the tour start. d. When it is the company’s responsibility that the tour cannot be held according to the tour itinerary written on the tour contract.
8. Cancellation of the tour contract by the company before the tour start and refund
(1) If payment of the tour is not received before the standard due date, the company reserves the right to cancel the tour contract. A penalty will be imposed in this case, equivalent to the cancellation fees listed above.
(2) If minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour may be cancelled. In such a case, notification will be given at least 14 days before the tour start (or 4 days before for one-day tours), a full refund will be made, and the tour contract will be cancelled.
9. Cancellation of the tour contract by the company after the tour started and refund
(1) Cancellation by the customer and refunda. If the customer leaves the tour group in personal reasons, the customer will be considered as giving up the rights, and no refund will be made. b. If the customer is unable to enjoy the tour services offered in the final itinerary under circumstances that the customer have no responsibility, the contract for the relevant parts can be cancelled, and the tour fees for the relevant parts will be refunded to the customer in this case. However, in case under circumstances that out of the company’s responsibility, the company will refund the fees for the relevant parts, with deduction of any cancellation fees or penalties, or other fees that have been paid or need to be paid.
(2) Cancellation by the company and refundIn the cases listed below, the tour contract can be cancelled. In these cases, the company will refund the fees for the relevant part of services that the customer was unable to enjoy, with deduction of any cancellation fees or penalties, or other fees that have been paid or need to be paid. The amount will be refunded to the customer within 30 days from the day after the tour.a. When the customer is ill, or is physically incapable of continuing the tour. b. When the customer does not comply with the instructions given by the tour conductors or other people from the company in order to carry out the tour safely and smoothly; or when the customer causes trouble to others, such as acts of violence or threats, which disrupt the orderliness of the tour activities and interfere with the tour being carried out safely and smoothly. c. When the tour cannot be continued, due to natural disasters or events, wars, riots, suspension of tour services such as transportation or accommodation, governmental orders, and other reasons that the company cannot control.
10. Responsibility of the company
(1) In case the company or its arranged agent causes damages to the customer while carrying out terms of the tour contract, either intentionally or accidentally, the company has to bear the responsibility for compensating the customer for the damages. However, this is only limited to damages that were notified to the company within two years from the day after the damages occurred.
(2) For damages related to luggage, customers will be compensated for up to ¥150,000 (except for cases that the company caused damages intentionally or accidentally), only limited to damages that were notified to the company within 14 days from the day after the damages occurred.
11. Responsibility of the customer
(1) In case the customer caused any damages intentionally or accidentally to the company, the customer will be required to compensate the company for damages.
(2) Customers have to use the information provided by the company, to make every efforts to understand the rights and responsibilities of the tour participants as well as other tour contract details that are listed on the written contract.
(3) After the tour started, if the customer become aware of any differences between the actual tour services provided and the content listed on the written contract, they must notify the company or the tour service providers at the tour location immediately.
13. Special compensation
Regardless of the company’s responsibility, according to the rules for special compensation established in the company travel provisions, in case the customer got injured unexpectly due to an accident and damages on body, life or baggage during the tour, the company has responsibility for paying the pre-established fatality compensation, physical impediment compensation, dispensations for hospitalization, doctor visit fees and personal belonging damage fees. However, this does not apply to the following:
(1) Bacterial food poisoning
(2) Damages caused to the customer out of the days that tour services were provided by the company
※20,000 to 200,000 yen depending on the length of hospital stay, or a solatium for hospital visits (3 or more days), 10,000 to 50,000 yen
14. Itinerary guarantee
(1) When important changes have been made to the contract details as listed in the “changes that require payment for compensation” (table shown below), a compensation will be made by calculation with the rates listed in the right hand column of the table below, within 30 days after the tour ended. Despite services such as transportation, accommodation or other services have been provided, problems due to occurance of overbooking are not included. And the following changes are also not included.a. Changes made for the following reasons(a) natural disaster (b) war, (c) riots (d) governmental orders (e) suspension of transportation or accommodation services (f) transportation service which was not included in the original travel plan (g) necessary measures taken to protect the lives or physical safety of the tour participants (b) (b) According to the rules in article 7, 8 and 9, changes that related to the cancelled part when the travel contract has been cancelled
(2) The compensation value that should be paid by the Company for changes made is limited to 15% of the tour fees, per tour, per person. However, if the total fees are less than ¥1,000 for a single person, compensation for changes made will not be paid by the Company.
(3) With the consent of the customer, the company may substitute the payment of compensation for changes with product or tour service of equal or more value.
(4) If the responsibility has been clarified base on the rules in articles 11 for changes made after the company has paid the compensation fees for changes made, the company will pay the difference between the damage compensation the company is required to pay and the compensation for changes already paid.
Changes that require payment of compensation: rate per incident (%)Before tour starts and after tour started Note 1: “Before tour starts” refers to cases that tour participant was being notified of the relevant changes prior to the tour starting date; whereas “after tour starts” refers to cases that tour participant was notified of the relevant changes on or after tour starting date. Note 2: This table is applicable when confirmation documents have been issued, and the word “written contract” has been replaced with the word “confirmation documents”.Note 3: Base on the mentioned in item 3, 4, 6 and 7, when there are multiple changes occurred in single vehicle ride or a single stay, these will be considered as one incident. Note 4: The accommodation class listed in item 6 is base on the list in the written contract at the time that the tour contract was formalized, or the list that is available for browsing on the company or Company branch’s website. Note 5: As for the changes mentioned in item 8, the rates from items 1 to 7 will not be applicable, and the rate will depend upon item 8 alone. 1. Changes made on the tour starting dates or ending dates listed on the written contract 1.5 3.0 2. Admission of tourist spots that are listed on the written contract, or tourist facilities (included restaurants). Changes to other tour destinations 1.0 2.0 3. Changes from higher class and price transportation agent or facility to lower class and price one. (only limited to class and facility that have a lower total price after changes than the price before, which listed on the written contract). 1.0 2.0 4. Changes on the type of transportation agent or company name listed on the written contract 1.0 2.0 5. Changes on the departing flight at airport which the tour starts in Japan or the departing flight at airport which the tour ends, listed on the written contract 1.0 2.0 6. Changes on the accommodation type or name listed on the written contract (Except for cases that the company has fixed the accommodation class, and after the change the class of the accommodation became higer than before, which listed on the written contract). 1.0 2.0 7. Changes on the type, facility, view or other conditions regarding to the guest rooms, listed on the written contract 1.0 2.0 8. Changes among the items listed above, which are listed in the tour titles of the written contract 2.5 5.0
15. Prohibit actions
Participants are prohibited to take the following actions in regard to the contract with the company.
(1) Any actions that infringe or may infringe the rights of other participants, third parties, or the copyrights, property rights, privacy or other rights of the company.
(2) Any actions apart part from those listed in the previous item, which may disavantage or cause damages to other participants, third parties or the company, or which have intention to do the same.
(3) Any actions of slander or libel towards other participants, third parties or the company.
(4) Any actions which run or may run contrary to public order and morality; or any information provided to other participants or third parties that may run contrary to public order and morality.
(5) Any actions for the purpose of making a profit or for preparing to do the same, by means of or in relation to the contract with the Company, without the permission of the Company.
(6) Any actions which violate laws and ordinances, or which have intention to do the same.
(7) Any other actions that the company deems to be inappropriate.
16. Elimination of anti-social forces
(1) The participants have to declare to the company that they are not personally involved with any criminal syndicates (“boryokudan”), relative parties, or with other anti-social forces; and participants have to pledge that they will not be involved with the said forces in the future.
(2) The participants have to pledge to the company that they will not take the following actions, personally or through a third party.a. Make violent demands. b. Make unjust demands that beyond legal responsibilities. c. Speak or take actions that could be considered as a threatening behavior while doing transactions with the company, or use violence. d. Spread out rumors and use deceptive or coercive means to harm the company’s reputation, or to interfere with the operations of the company. e. Take other actions related to the previous listed items.
(3) If a participant has violated their pledge as mentioned in article 16, clauses 1 and 2, or if the company has a rational basis for believing it, the company may cancel the contract with the participant immediately, without any notification or other procedures in advance. Even if the participant has suffered damages due to the said cancellation or related to the cancellation, the company is exempted from any responsibilities.
17. Handling of personal information
(1) The company may use the customer’s personal data on hand, such as name, address, phone number and e-mail address, in order to contact the customer. This information may be shared and used by the company’s business groups, within a minimum range. The company’s business groups may use this information to provide marketing and event-related information regarding to their own business, as well as sending products to the customers that have been purchased.
(2) For more information about the company’s policies on handling personal information and for the names of the company’s business groups, please visit our website at http://www.no1-travel.com/.
・Clarification of purpose in using personal information
When the company received personal information, the company need to declare the purpose of use. In addition, make sure that the personal information will not be used out of the purpose or without permission from the individuals.
・Collection of personal information
Personal information is voluntarily provided. Even if the company requests personal information such as name, telephone and fax number, address, and ID number, the company has to ask permission from the individuals.
When the company received personal information, no matter in form of raw data or database creation, the company will carry out appropriate and discrete storage and management. For preventing risks such as improper access, loss, destruction, corruption and divulgence, etc. of the personal information received, the company has strict internal regulations and education for officers and employees, and strives to execute a security strategy that is appropriate and realistic from both technological and management aspects. in addition, when there is a need for improvement arising from the result of internal audits conducted due to security incidents or customer requests, etc., the company will process as soon as possible.
・Disclosure of personal information to third parties
The company will not disclose to third parties the personal information provided by an individual, except for the following cases: 1) When the individual agrees to the disclosure of personal information; 2) When disclosure is demanded under laws and ordinances; 3) In case of disclosure to companies that have executed non-disclosure contracts (service outsourcing partners such as airline companies, local booking companies) with the company in advance concerning limited information judged necessary by the company for offering products and services to customers.
・Inquiries about personal information
When an individual requests to view and update personal information that has been provided, the company need to verify the person’s identity, handle the content of the request within a reasonable period, and inform the individual of the result.
・Compliance with laws and ordinances and standard for personal information
For the purpose of realizing complete protection of personal information, the company strictly complies with laws and ordinances, standards, and its internal regulations with regard to personal information.
・Continuing improvement of the company’s compliance program for personal information
Through such methods as internal audits and re-examination of the business by the company’s chief executive, the compliance program for personal information has been improved continuously and maintained in a ideal state constantly.